Stem cells in the treatment of neurological disorders
The number of detected neurological diseases rises every year. This tendency is promoted by many causes, amongst which is lifestyle, environmental and hereditary factors.
Today, doctors are no longer surprised by complaints of pain in the back not only in older patients after some work in the garden, but also in young office workers.
Unfortunately, symptoms of the approaching disease are often ignored by the patient, which leads to the progression of the disorder into a persistent, chronic state. The more severe the disease, the less chance there is of achieving a full recovery.
World Health Organization (WHO) provides the following data – about 1 billion people in the world suffer from various neurological disorders – ranging from the usual migraines to epilepsy and dementia.
The WHO report “Neurological Disorders: Public Health Challenges” cites the following: as of today, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia affect about 24.3 million people in the world. Every 20 years this number will double, thus reaching 50-55 million by 2026.
Experts have concluded that the greatest increase in disorder levels will be observed in developing countries. Already, epilepsy, according to WHO, affects about 50 million people in the world, most of whom live in developing countries.
Neurological diseases (multiple sclerosis, strokes, Parkinson’s disease, other brain disorders) are the cause of about 6.7 deaths annually, accounting for roughly 12% of the total number of deaths.
Unfortunately, the annual increase in neurological disorders is associated not only with the conditions of everyday life becoming more complicated, but with also with the low efficiency of available medical treatment.
Recognition of this fact drives modern pharmaceutical giants to search for completely new ways of treating such diseases. Nowadays, the hopes of not only scientists, but also of pharmacists all around the world turned to entirely new and promising methods of biotech therapy, particularly – cell treatment.
Cell treatment is a completely new principle of therapy which consists of the administration of autologous stem cells into the body, leading to “self-healing” of damaged organs and tissues. The method does not have any side effects or contraindications. A modern term is widely used for such approaches in treatment – “personalized medicine”.
Given that neurology studies all disorders and violations, related to the human nervous system, the list of such diseases is extremely long.
TREATMENT WITH AUTOLOGOUS STEM CELLS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED IN CASE OF THE FOLLOWING DISORDERS:
- Inflammatory myopathy in autoimmune disorders;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), rheumatism, polyarteritis nodosa;
- Рассеянный склероз
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and ALS syndrome
- Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS) in the recovery period
- Encephalopathy (discirculatory, metabolic, toxic, etc)
- Recovery period after cerebrovascular accidents (strokes)
- Recovery period after acute infections of the brain and/or spinal cord
- Osteochondrosis complicated by spinal disc protrusion, spinal disc herniation with pain and degenerative syndromes (cervicalgia – neck pain, cervicocranialgia – pain in the neck radiating to the head, cervicobrachialgia – pain in the neck radiating to the arm, thoracalgia – pain in the chest, lumbago – low back pain, sciatica – pain going down the leg from the lower back, coccydynia – pain in the coccyx or tailbone area, etc.)
- Nerve compression syndromes, compression neuropathies (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, radial neuropathy, femoral neuropathy, femoral cutaneous nerve neuropathy, fibular neuropathy, etc.)
- Neuropathies (facial nerve, trigeminal nerve, abducens nerve, etc.)
- Neuralgias (trigeminal, occipital, etc.)
- Plexopathies (brachial, lumbosacral, etc.)
- Polyneuropathies (endocrine, alcoholic, drug-related, etc.)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Vertebrospinal trauma and its consequences
- Traumatic brain injury and its consequences
- Restless legs syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Neurological disorders during somatic disease, intoxications
For patients from beyond Kyiv and Ukraine, who are undergoing stem cell therapy, our company is pleased to offer additional services:
- Reservation of apartments or hotel rooms for the period of treatment in Kyiv;
- Transfers from/to the airport or railway station;
- Organization of the preliminary examination and consultations with leading specialists from clinics based in Kyiv city (in the absence of medical conclusions or test results).
Additional services will be charged at a separate cost. The calculations shall be made after a prior written request from the client.
TREATMENT WITH AUTOLOGOUS STEM CELLS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED IN CASE OF THE FOLLOWING DISORDERS